[fpc-pascal] [Fwd: [Lazarus] IOI: Lazarus and Free Pascal]

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 23 11:04:17 CEST 2009

On 08/21/2009 08:31 PM, Žilvinas Ledas wrote:
> Yes, i'ts so frustrating when you can't write solutions in ACM using
> your best known programming language...

Yeah, that sucks, I know. My guess is that since ACM is sponsored by
IBM, they want to push their Eclipse and Java crap and Pascal just
simply doesn't sit well with their agenda. Either that, or they're just
too lazy to support another language. Google Code Jam, for example,
allows coding in any programming language:

http://code.google.com/codejam/
http://code.google.com/codejam/rules.html

"Environment

     You can use any programming language to solve the problems, using
any development environment or text editor, as long as the compiler or
interpreter you used for that language is freely available and easy to
download and use. Time-limited trials for compilers and interpreters are
disallowed. Visual Studio is acceptable as a compiler, since there's a
free version of (almost the same) compiler available, Visual Studio
Express. Google reserves the right to make further exceptions on a
case-by-case basis."