[fpc-pascal] Best method for code reuse?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 08:51:45 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Richard Ward <roward at mac.com> wrote:
> ---  This is a good idea.   I would go further and suggest that some of the
> wiki pages be reorganized to make them easier to navigate and find things.

Here are some of the reason's I hate wiki's.
  * You must edit pages while online. Not everybody has internet
connections like in USA.
  * Wiki's tend to be disorganized by nature.
  * They become popular due to (semi)automated cross-referencing
  * You cannot use the collected information in any other format

Standard web pages (plain HTML) can be easily organized better than
wiki's. You can have the website html live in a source code
repository, so the community can submit patches. An automated update
script could be run to update the real website from the repository
every 30 minutes etc... But you still sit with the same problem that
the original content cannot be used in any other format or use...

This is why 'fpdoc' is so useful. One format that is easy to edit
offline, and you can generate HTML, PDF's, CHM's, plain text etc...
Much more useful data format.

Regards,
  - Graeme -