[fpc-pascal] oCRT and ncurses in openSuSE 11.0 (32-Bit)

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Thu Apr 2 19:28:14 CEST 2009

Hello,

I wanted to port an old program from fpc 1.0.4 (SuSE 7.0) -> fpc 2.0.4
(openSuSE 11.0, 32-bit). My program uses ken wright's oCRT, and I have a
version which was extended by ken wright personally with some additional
functions.

It was very surprising that I could compile the main part of my program after
some minor changes without any error message, but when I start the program, it
crashes immediately with an access violation error in the following line:

     nMakeWindow(StdScrHdr,1,1,nCols(StdScr),3,31,31,31,true,left,'');

Ken Wright told me that he has finally handed over the oCRT code to the
maintainers of FreePascal and he pleased me to ask "them", so I ask here.
He thinks that something in oCRT is not compatible with new kernels or the
ncurses libs any more and that this causes the problems.

The oCRT units seem to be in that version I
finally got from Ken Wright, as the compiler does not rise errors during
compilation. So the headers of all procedures seem to include the extensions
which Ken made. (If the source includes remarks like "... some more sugar for
rainer ..." it is the right one.)

If you could help, please?

Answers are welcome in German or English.

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch