[fpc-pascal] Darwin/i386 target

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Sep 28 00:12:59 CEST 2008

On 27 Sep 2008, at 23:53, Adam Naumowicz wrote:

> Is there a way to compile for the Darwin/i386 target using a native
> Linux/i386 compiler and cross binutils rather than building a
> crosscompiler?

FPC always supports all OSes for a particular target cpu. So a Linux/
i386 compiler supports generating code for Darwin/i386 just as well as
for netwlibc/i386.

But targeting Darwin/i386 is not easy since the GNU binutils don't
support it, so you have to use Apple's cctools/ld64 projects and they
don't trivially build on non-Mac OS X hosts. You also need a valid Mac
OS X license as you need the Mac OS X libraries on your Linux system
to be able to link.

> This target seems to be missing in the -T option, so I guess it's
> not supported this way, is it?

The -T options are just listed in a text file, which happens to be not
kept very much up-to-date at all times.

Jonas