[fpc-pascal] FPC IDE on Windows: Configuring colours

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Sep 25 12:54:20 CEST 2008

In our previous episode, Frank Peelo said:

> My questions are:
>
>    How do I change the IDE colours? Is there some configuration I need to
>    change to enable the dialogue?

Afaik the trouble is that the colorselection widget was not available in the
"Free Vision" (based on free code), while in the pre 2000 (Turbo Vision) it
was available. The IDE still has support for it, albeit under (disabled)
ifdef.

So what is needed is a colorsel unit. Maybe if you are really able, you
could try to use/port TP's unit, but better would be to start making an own.

The IDE is currently only maintained, and new development hasn't happened in
several years. There are currently 70 mantis (bugtracker) tickets open for
the IDE. (though many are not real bugs but "features").

Some help from interested individuals would be very welcome.