[fpc-pascal] Re: Use Free Pascal on Pandora handheld game console

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Sep 18 19:49:48 CEST 2008

On 18 Sep 2008, at 10:05, Guillermo Martínez Jiménez wrote:

> 2008/9/16 Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:
>>
>> On 16 Sep 2008, at 15:36, Guillermo Martínez Jiménez wrote:
>>
>>> Did somebody planned to compile, test and release FPC for the
>>> Pandora
>>> handgeld game console? (www.openpandora.org)
>>
>> I've not heard of anyone wanting to this. Looking at the specs it
>> will
>> probably require ARMEL with eabi support though, which afaik is at
>> best very
>> shaky currently.
>
> I see. So, I'm "wanting to this".

Typo, I meant "wanting to do this".

> I don't know what's ARMEL or "eabi" support. Where can I find
> documentation to compile FPC on a new ARM platform?

Nowhere, but there is documentation on how to (cross-)compile FPC: http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf

See also the messages titled "How hard is it to port FPC to AIX" on http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2008-September/thread.html
  (classified under the wrong thread, because they were posted
starting with a rely to another thread).

I don't know of any documentation on how to build FPC for ARMEL with
eabi, and as I said support for it is very shaky (it doesn't work
properly for Linux yet either, afaik) so it will probably still
require code generator work as well.

Jonas