[fpc-pascal] Binary compatibility between Intel CPU and PowerPC CPU

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Tue Sep 16 17:06:20 CEST 2008

Hello FPC-Pascal users discussions!

What is the best way to keep the binary compatibility among different
CPU architectures.

I need to make our own database engine compatible and other binary
files, that user still can use our data from i386 or PowerPC computer.

I really don't like the idea to change the order of all numeric
variables on PowerPC, because it costs time of CPU.

There must be easier way how to keep the compatibility.

Could you give me some hints for better solution.

--
Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk