[fpc-pascal] Exe size

Paul paul.blommaerts at telenet.be
Mon Sep 8 09:34:56 CEST 2008

Hi Tomas,

> I don't know much about KOL, but if I understand it correctly, it's a
> framework (GUI library if you like) allowing the programmer to use
> Pascal classes for the various GUI elements. Implementation of these
> classes uses then the native API calls provided by the particular
> platform (Win32 or WinCE in your case). In other words, if using KOL,
> you don't use the API calls directly at all. In any case, you don't
> need to care about whether the API calls are running on an x86 or ARM
> CPU, this is the job of FPC to generate proper binary code for the
> requested CPU (see notes about cross-compilation above).

thanks for your explanation, but that's not what I needed to know

I know KOL uses api calls (used it years ago), but I prefer to create my
forms, buttons etc. directly with api calls myself to keep the exe size as
small as possible.
My problem is: how should I write api call's for a different target platform
, how are they interpreted by the crosscompiler, C-style or pascal-style...?

thanks,

Paul

PS: my Mac installation keeps giving me a headache.
After removing and installing, adding all folders manually, I got it running
and could even run a small program.
Next day, I get a OS-message that Lazarus is not a regular mac application
and is now blocked (OS X 10.5)