[fpc-pascal] How to customize a TDBMemo

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 09:42:59 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could not find events which would allow me to do this, so I tryed to
> create a TDBMemo descendent and override some method, but this also
> doesn't work, because I would need to access private fields in TDBMemo
> (specially FDataLink).

I got no idea if this will work, but wouldn't it be possible to
override the LoadMemo() method. I see they already to some testing
before displaying values for Blob fields. This might point you in te
right direction.

[advertising hat on]
Otherwise, leave DB-aware components completely and instead use an
Object Persistent Framework like tiOPF and Model-GUI-Mediator (MGM is
also part of tiOFF) to make standard controls "object-aware" without
creating descendants.  ;-)
With Michael van Canneyt's awesome Lazarus Data Desktop and
refactoring changes in MGM, you can now put together a database
application just as quick if not quicker with tiOPF and standard GUI
components.
[advertising hat off]

Regards,
 - Graeme -