[fpc-pascal] Debugger interaction in FP IDE and Lazarus

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sat Sep 6 12:06:32 CEST 2008

leledumbo wrote:

> Peter Vreman wrote:
>> The idea to implement this and reuse some Lazarus code has been around for
>> a couple of years. But
>> it is not an easy task after a couple of quick investigations. That is
>> also the reason why it has
>> not been started yet. You are welcome to implement such an interface and
>> remove the libgdb
>> dependency.
>>
> Before I start something stupid, can you describe the result of that quick
> investigation?

Initially the lazarus interface to GDB was visual component free (no LCL
controls). In time some some got added. IIRC, mostly dialogs. If those
get "changed" to a notify event that part is cleaned.

IIRC there was another issue. That is that the FP ide is object based
and the lazarus interface class based. (I never looked at the fpide
code, so I'm not sure here)

Marc