[fpc-pascal] helpsystem, some numbers

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:55:30 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

>> rtl with 7zip = 762KB
>> fc with 7zip = 117KB
>
> But that is not a help system. It is a solid archive. If I have to depack
> first it lasts a minute and contains 150MB on disk (first column)

And like I said, 7zip allows a single file to be unpacked from a solid
archive. No need to unpack everything. I have verified that with Total
Commander (TC) and the 7-zip plugin, otherwise 7-zip will not be an
option for a help system.  With TC I can browse a 7z solid archive and
view a single file and all that lies in the temp directory is the
single file I am viewing. For archives like .tar.gz the TC temp
directory contains the whole archive uncompressed (not desired).

Regards,
  - Graeme -