[fpc-pascal] helpsystem, some numbers

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:05:15 CET 2008

> I used Total Command 6.55 with the 7-zip plugin v0.4.6.  Total
> Commander and the 7-zip plugin is written in Object Pascal (delphi).
> No dependencies on external libraries. I ran Total Commander under
> Linux by the way.

For the latest version of the 7-zip plugin with source code.
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/7zip_plugin.html

I see it's under LGPL license. I'm pretty sure if we contact the
author (Adam Strzelecki) he would grant us the Modified-LGL exception
for static linking. Most authors I spoke to before are okay with that.

Okay, I downloaded the source for the latests 7-zip plugin v0.5.8 and
noticed it's written in C++ (not Object Pascal - my mistake).  Now
lets see how good source conversion programs we can find (C++  -->
Object Pascal)...  ;-) Or create obj file and link them into FPC code
(though I have never done this myself).

Regards,
  - Graeme -