[fpc-pascal] Delphi / FPC and UTF8 BOM

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:33:19 CEST 2008

> To share code at the moment I do a IFDEF. If in Delphi, then I convert
> the string from utf-8 to ansi and I don't use the BOM.

Ah, by the way, the solution may be more permanent then one imagines,
because there is no guarantee that the new type will solve anything
for Lazarus, and one of the main reasons we use ansistrings is
compatibility with current code, so I don't expect a jump to a new
string type.

Take a look at TTranslations.UpdateTranslation in this file here to
see how I manage to have strings in both Delphi and Lazarus:

http://magnifier.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/magnifier/trunk/translationsvmg.pas?view=markup

The software is aiming to Delphi 2007 or older

I expect things to change in the new Delphi.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho