[fpc-pascal] Cross compiling on Windows

Carsten Bager carsten at beas.dk
Tue Oct 14 12:21:34 CEST 2008

When moving from the 205 compiler to the 222 compiler I have got a strange problem with
the cross compiler for Windows

-----------
(Free Pascal Compiler version 2.2.2 [2008/08/26] for arm)
-----------

When I compile a project on a Samba drive it works ok.
But when I copy everything (compiler, linker etc.) to a local drive and compile, I get this error

---------------
easypromain.pp(366,49) Warning: Object cprt21.o not found, Linking may fail !
C:\FPC\ARMBIN\ld.exe: cannot find cprt21.o
easypromain.pp(366,49) Error: Error while linking
easypromain.pp(366,49) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
-----------------

The cprt21.o is not present on the samba drive, so my conclusion is that the compiler acts
different on a Samba drive than it do on a local drive.

It is the compiler that asks for the "cprt21.o" file

--------
INPUT(
cprt21.o
easypromain.o

I have tried to compile the project on the local drive with the compiler placed on the samba
drive. That generates the same error.

I compile with the following command

\Fpc\ArmBin\ppcrossarm9.exe -Tlinux -gl -XX -dARM9LINUX -dUlibc -dDEBUG -
dRUNTIMECHECK easypromain.pp

I need a hint what to do.

Carsten