[fpc-pascal] Default compiler options for shootout using fpc 2.2.0

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Oct 5 11:50:58 CEST 2008

On 05 Oct 2008, at 11:35, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> Jonas Maebe schreef:
>> On 05 Oct 2008, at 11:09, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>> If I look at http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/tags/release_2_2_0/compiler/x86_64/cpuinfo.pas?view=markup
>>>  it seems that in fpc 2.2.0 regvars are not enabled. Why not?
>> Because they didn't work properly with x86_64 at first. It was
>> fixed later, but enabling them by default is not a fix so it was
>> not merged to the fixes branch (and since you can explicitly enable
>> them using -Ooregvar, it's even less required to merge this change
>> back).
>
> In fpc 2.2.0, a first release on the fixes_2_2 branch, do regvars
> properly or not?

I know they work fine in 2.3.1: http://www.freepascal.org/testsuite/cgi-bin/testsuite.cgi?action=1&run1id=30179&run2id=30188&noskipped=1&failedonly=1

The only difference is that apparently profiling doesn't work with
regvars on.

I'm not aware of any related fixes which have not been merged to the
fixes branch, but I don't know whether all of those fixes were merged
back before 2.2.0. I guess they should work fine there, though.

> Your answer seems to indicate they do, but that they were not
> enabled by default (yet).

They're not enabled by default in 2.2.2 either, for that matter.

Jonas