[fpc-pascal] How to auto create the $fpctarget directory

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:14:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

How can I auto create the $fpctarget directory?  Just specifying
../lib/$fpctarget/ and then compiling the project doesn't create the
needed directory, and I get the following build error. I gather the
compiler itself doesn't create directories at all. Could this become
an option? Alternatively, is there some why I can query the $fpctarget
and then in the build scripts for Linux, Windows and *BSD create the
correct output paths, because I actually start the compile?

graemeg at graeme:src$ ./build.sh
Compiling Release Version
Compiling X11 CoreLib
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.2.3 [2008/08/08] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2008 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling corelib/x11/fpgui_toolkit.pas
Compiling ./corelib/fpg_base.pas
Compiling corelib/x11/fpg_impl.pas
fpg_impl.pas(37) Error: Can't create object file: ../lib/i386-linux/fpg_impl.o
fpg_impl.pas(37) Fatal: Can't create object ../lib/i386-linux/fpg_impl.o
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /opt/fpc_2.2.3/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if
you did not specify a source file to be compiled)

Regards,
  - Graeme -