[fpc-pascal] Linking error using 64bit compiler, but not for 32bit compiler

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 15:27:52 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
>> When I compile one of my projects I get the following compiler/linking
>> error.  Any idea what causes this?
>
> I think you are using Dwarf debug information (the only debug information
> that is supported on linux/x86_64) together with smart linking, which is not
> yet supported. Your best option is probably to disable smart linking for
> debug builds.

Excellent! Thanks Jonas.  I didn't notice that Compiler Option because
I simply copied my project from the 32bit system to the 64bit system.
That would also explain why small test projects compiled and linked
fine while our actual product didn't.

Disabling debug settings or Smart Linking resolves the issue.  Thanks
again!  :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -