[fpc-pascal] Make FPC closer to hardware

Frank Peelo f26p at eircom.net
Tue Nov 18 12:10:44 CET 2008

leledumbo wrote:
> Well, it's just an example. I'm saying that because the need of file system
> support is quite frustrating that I need to write my own write routines.

yes, but for example you /don't/ need to write your own write routines.
(You *can't* write writeln in Pascal!) You can implement just the driver
underneath. As the CRT unit does. It's not "one character at a time",
it's "one bufferful at a time"; this is an efficiency thing. You /could/
write a tfdd that called your "one char at a time" functions.

The FreePascal people have written a portable compiler with this
language, so it must be possible to do system stuff with it!

Frank