[fpc-pascal] Starting out with Free Pascal

Bill bchessell at charter.net
Sat Nov 15 21:17:42 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm absolutely new to this list... and to Pascal. I was getting pretty
good with Foxpro programming when MS bought and then changed the
program, eventually to kill it.  I see the need to get back into
programming and I remember a Foxpro instructor saying that Pascal was
similar. So here are my initial questions:
Should I learn study FPC first and then move on to Lazarus, or just
start with Lazarus?
What books would you suggest?
My interest is still in databases. Anything else I should know about
pointing myself in that direction?

Thanks.
Bill
Minden, NV