[fpc-pascal] FreePascal on ARM Linux ,SoftFloat and EABI issues

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat May 31 19:37:58 CEST 2008

En/na Terry Kemp ha escrit:

> this might help a little bit...
> http://www.klc.net.nz/linux/?page_id=13

That looks cool, though I'm right now trying a different route for my
nokia n800: I downloaded a  2.2.0 native arm release to compile a native
arm eabi compiler under scratchbox, with
make zipinstall OPT='-CfSOFT -dFPC-ARMEL -gl'

Next I'll try to compile a native arm lazarus (however I'm a complete
scratchbox newbie, so I don't have the slightest idea on how to access
the display to run lazarus).

> also although it creates an EABI 4 executable correctly there is a
> problem with fpc-svn/compiler/systems/t_linux.pas that sticks the wrong
> dynamic linker name in the file. I fixed it with this...
>

> {$ifdef arm}
>     {$ifdef FPC_ARMEL}
>          defdynlinker:='/lib/ld-linux.so.3';
>     {$else}
>          defdynlinker:='/lib/ld-linux.so.2';
>     {$endif}
> {$endif arm}
>

> probably wrong but IWFM.

I also noticed that under scratchbox I only have /lib/ld-linux.so.3, as
well as on the tablet.
Any reason why this fix isn't added to svn?

Bye
--
Luca