[fpc-pascal] Connecting SQL components to a propriety SQL server

Andreas Berger Andreas at TheBergerClan.org
Thu May 29 15:00:33 CEST 2008

I have a friend that has a product which is composed of an embedded
system spread around Brazil and communicating with a central PC. I am
convincing him to migrate some of his PC tools to Pascal in order to
ease my help for him. The question I have is this:  He has his own small
SQL server on some of these embedded cards and I would need to establish
a connection via the database components in Free Pascal to his SQL. I
know nothing about SQL, only that Free Pascal has interfaces to various
SQL servers. How hard would it be to make an interface to his SQL servers?

I'm sorry if the question may be unclear, but I don't know enough about
SQL to ask more specifically. Maybe during the progress of this thread I
can up my understanding and ask better questions :)

Regards,
Andreas