[fpc-pascal] Borland Turbo Pascal -> fpc

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Mar 16 13:03:36 CET 2008

On 16 Mar 2008, at 12:49, vince coen wrote:

> I have 50+ units and 4 programs written in TP v7.0, also there are
> 30+ modules
> written in assembler. Some of the TP units contain inline code as
> well as
> inline aseembler.  All these work in a Dos box in Windows (tested in
> XP) as
> well as Linux via dosemu/freedos.
>
> I would like to convert all of this to fpc so that I can make the
> package work
> in all environments.  This whole package has been made open source
> and the
> current version is to be placed on sourceforge to update a very old
> version.
>
> Just how difficult will it be to do this?

Quite difficult, since all assembler and inline assembler will have to
be rewritten (either into 32 bit assembler, or -preferably- into
Pascal).

Jonas

PS: please do not reply to a previous message when starting a new
thread, but post a new message to the list (otherwise it gets grouped
with the previous thread by many mail clients)