[fpc-pascal] Layout of class method

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Mar 12 10:10:02 CET 2008

On 12 Mar 2008, at 01:41, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> I'd just like to confirm. Considering the following class method:
>
> {$mode delphi}
>
> interface
>
> type
>
>  TMyController = class(NSObject)
>  public
>    class function
> applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed(param1: objc.id;
>     param2: SEL; theApplication: objc.id): cbool; cdecl;
>  end;
>
> ---
> Does it have the exact same layout as the procedure bellow? i.e.
> without hidden Self parameter.
>
> function  applicationShouldTerminateAfterLastWindowClosed(param1:
> objc.id;
>     param2: SEL; theApplication: objc.id): cbool; cdecl;

Unlikely (afaik there is a hidden VMT pointer), and even if it did, it
would not be guaranteed to remain that way. To be able to interface
Objective-C code in an OOP way in FPC, support for some kind of
Objective Pascal dialect has to be added to the compiler. Everything
will probably break at one time or another.

Jonas