[fpc-pascal] Unicode filenames

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Sun Jun 29 20:37:41 CEST 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> 2008/6/29 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl>:
>> I see you are crippled in the same way as the LCL, because you only can
>> handle ansi filenames correctly.
>
> fpGUI was tested under Windows with Russian locale and filenames. Not
> tested by me, but my a co-developer (Vladimir). He reported that the
> file dialogs and other file related functions worked correctly. He
> actually implemented the locale file handing.

Yes, it works ok, if all the characters used are part of the system
locale, so for Russian locale, it contains the ascii characters and the
cyrilic characters.
Try using a path, that contains characters from more than codepage, for
example using cyrillic characters in a file name and french accented
chars in the directory. That is when you need real unicode support.

Vincent