[fpc-pascal] Re: Mac Port Discussion

Richard Ward roward at mac.com
Wed Jun 25 15:11:10 CEST 2008

> Selling is a lot less about technical details than most people think.

----

As are U.S. presidential elections.   Sorry, that just slipped out. heh

I agree with the comment about the perception of mac and pc users in a
corporate environment.     The PC users are more powerful which is why
I found/find it surprising that there were/are even Mac CPU's at all
in corporate situations nowadays - unless they are a whole Mac shop.
I guess that Macs are perceived as providing a superior solution for
certain applications even in non Mac environments else they wouldn't
tolerated at all.  That, or certain user blocks have skills not found
in the pool of corporate employees.  Probably a combination of both I
imagine.   It does seem to come back to that Apple TV ad which
delineates the difference between user types.  To me, the comparison
between Pascal and C developers could be portrayed similarly.