[fpc-pascal] Re: Porting Discussion

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Jun 25 09:47:59 CEST 2008

> I have known a few demented Mac users (of various subtypes) in my time
> (including myself,) but have never met one so powerful as described as
> to initiate an entire development project like that.

User keeps pestering helpdesk, helpdesk has no means of doing anything about
it -> pesters admin, admin calls developers if there is a mac version, and
somehow each link in the chain. It's the repetition mostly.

> I suppose one could have a totally mixed corporate environment but one
> side usually wins out with the Macs usually being the ousted camp - if the
> company is not a graphics design firm.

Except for a few scattered excentrics, it was one department that made the
company newspaper that held most of the macs. That department was also the
most vocal.

> I went to Circuit City and bought a cheap PC for
> $350.

Typical solution for a small business owner, but not for an employee, and
certainly not in a large corporation. See also above, the requests are not
always ultimatum. It is the constant nudges and requests over a long time.

> I don't even
> like to fool with the UNIX command line on my mac....  heh

Why is that? It is the only useful part :-)