[fpc-pascal] FPC_ARMEL system calls

Nataraj S Narayan natarajsn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:44:54 CEST 2008

Hi Henry, Luca

I got a 'ppcarm' after compiling the fpc-svn. I copied the pparm to the
qemu-system-arm emulated machine and tried to compile a Helloworld.pas.
fpc showed some errors related to FPU and stopped. Then i copied many *.o
and *.ppu files from host to qemu machine. This time fpc compiled and linked
the crt0.o and system.o and few other file, and the program worked.

But when i copied to the actual target AT91SAM9263 , it wont work - just
 waits endlessly.

strace in the target gives:-

syscall(0x90004c,0x3,0xbebd6de8,0xbebd6df0,0x40000) = -1 EINTR (Interrupted
system call)

And finally a bad file descriptor. Exit(0).

The architecture is  "armvtejl" in both target as well as the emulated
machine.

I tried generating assembler files in emulated and the assembling in the
target. But getting same.

What could be done now?

regards

Nataraj