[fpc-pascal] Re: FPC 2.2.1 on Mac OS X

Karl-Michael Schindler Karl-Michael.Schindler at web.de
Thu Jun 5 08:11:08 CEST 2008

Hallo

Am 4. Jun 2008 um 09:56 schrieb Damien Gerard:

> Le Jun 4, 2008 à 8:51 AM, Karl-Michael Schindler a écrit :
>
>> I only noticed now the discussion on the mailing list about fpc
>> 2.2.1 and lazarus on Mac OS X. As the maintainer of the .info files
>> of fpc and lazarus I should probably lay out my ideas about the
>> future.
>>
>> The next step is fpc 2.2.2. It should resolve some of the issues in
>> a clean way and enable to remove some workarounds as well as serve
>> as a solid base for a lazarus installation.
>>
>> When this is settled, I will extend lazarus in the following way:
>>
>> 1) create so-called splitoffs, so there will be separate packages
>> for lazarus-gtk1, lazarus-aqua and when ready lazarus-gtk2.
>> Then the user can simply choose the best interface for his
>> situation. This can be done, whatever the default setting of
>> LCLPLATFORM will be.
>>
>> 2) create double clickable Lazarus applications with links in /
>> Applications/Fink.
>>

> Please not Fink. Put only Lazarus.app as it already exists (Carbon
> widgetset) into /Applications/ (through an installer since it
> installs FPC too).

I do not really understand this. Fink is not suppossed to install
anything anywhere else than in the /sw/... tree and /Applications/
Fink. Direct installations into /Applications are the matter of
the .dmg based packages, which is a different way not related to fink.

How do you use fink for your work with freepascal and lazarus?

Best wishes - Michael Schindler