[fpc-pascal] Getting fast output

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Mon Jul 21 07:17:26 CEST 2008

Is there any way so that Write(Ln) doesn't flush the buffer after each call
(as if it's called to write to a file, I knew it from rtl's file handling
source), but only when Flush is called? I found some maniac's code that does
it at assembler level, but of course it's platform dependant (i386-linux
only). Currently, I get it through the use of:
TextRec(<TextVar>).FlushFunc:=nil;
but this forces me to use SysUtils which increase the executable size
significantly. If this is the only solution, then please move the record to
System unit (if possible, with FileRec too).