[fpc-pascal] FPC and Mac OS X 10.5

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Jul 16 14:39:21 CEST 2008

On 16 Jul 2008, at 13:15, Mattias Gärtner wrote:

> Zitat von Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>:
>
>> This is strange, since the FPC config files all use $fpcversion to
>> set
>> the unit paths.
>
> BTW, for some reasons 'make install' did not recreate the /etc/
> fpc.cfg.

That is by design. /etc/fpc.cfg is only created by the installers of
releases on our website.

> I did it
> manually by calling samplecfg with $fpcversion. But it did not make
> any
> difference. The errors stayed the same.

Well, if it found units before you did that, you probably had
a .fpc.cfg somewhere in your home directory already.

>> There was also no 2.2.2rc1 release for Mac OS X
>> (although it may have been distributed along with some Lazarus
>> snapshot(s)).
>
> Yes, I had to use the lazarus snapshot of fpc as start compiler,
> because the
> 2.2.0 failed to compile fpc 2.2.3 and 2.3.1 (Access Violation). What
> is the
> current startup compiler for Mac OS X 10.5?

That issue is documented on the FPC Mac OS X download pages and 2.2.1
starting packages for Mac OS X 10.5.x are are provided there.

Jonas