Summary on Re: [fpc-pascal] Unicode file routines proposal

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:55:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
> I did some googling and they don't support unicode filenames. So we
> are back to zero systems using this method again =)

Actually I think that Carbon uses a system very similar to the one
proposed by Florian. The string is an opaque type, which can be in any
encoding. All string routines uses this opaque type and if you wish to
get the string contents in a certain encoding you use a routine for
that.

But Carbon is not cross-platform.

A very similar system is used in Cocoa, but the string is a class there.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho