[fpc-pascal] Accessing ROM BIOS Font in Linux.

Anthony W.Henry anthonyh63 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 14:53:47 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 13:19 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Anthony W.Henry wrote:
>
> >  I really don't have to worry about the few Kilobytes
> > it will add to the program file :).   Anyone know any good
> > GPL'd or Public Domain bit fonts ?
>
> Remember that you can easily preprocess it with RLL. I'd expect a bitmap fount
> to be very compressible.

[snip]

> One thing I'd add is that using Delphi it's possible (although not trivial) to
> embed a .fon as a resource in an executable. I don't know the extent to which
> this can be done using (in particular) Lazarus on Windows or on Linux.

   I imagine the easiest way is bin2obj and just make it a constant
array in the program.   :)    That is a useful trick and much easier
then resources.  (I most recently used it to make a bitmap CGI hit
counter. the Digit jpg's where all stored as Const arrays of byte
and the CGI recursively called itself.

Anthony