[fpc-pascal] dot within unit file name

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:13:57 CET 2008

On 18/01/2008, Bee <bisma at brawijaya.ac.id> wrote:
> > Well, the statements so far went like "this sub.sub.unit stuff is
> > just .NET crap, we won't implement any of those". ;)

[snip]

> Like FPC supports the ugly '+=' C syntax. :-P Maybe it's a good feature
> for some 'lazy' programmers, but I personally don't like it. However,
> I'm not against it, because FPC doesn't force me to use that syntax.
> It's just a 'nice' feature to please some people. ;)

Good one Bee!  That's a good argument.  The '+=' is totally C syntax,
but like you say, we as developers can decide if we want to use it or
not.

As for the extra dots in unit names... If somebody wants do take up
the challenge and implement it, I say go for it.  I personally can't
see me ever using it, but it will at least give developers the choice.

Regards,
  - Graeme -