[fpc-pascal] ncurses extra package

Guillermo Martínez Jiménez gmjimen at burdjia.com
Fri Jan 18 12:02:55 CET 2008

Hello everybody.

Recently I asked myself if Free Pascal has support for ncurses and
I've found it as an extra package.

I've take a peek at the ncurses.pp file and I've found it uses a lot
of external functions. That means this package will not compile on
platforms that haven't a previous ncurses implementation (NDS,
GP32/2X, etc.). I think if the ncurses package uses the RTL (Crt,
keyboard, gpm, etc.) it would be more portable, if the platform can't
support Crt, keyboard, mouse, etc. they can be emulated.

Then I decided to write my own ncurses.pp alternative using only the
RTL. I will not claim "official declaration" or support, and may be it
will not be so complete and successful as Michael Van Canneyt's
implementation, but any comment or advice will be welcome.

See you,

Guillermo "Ñuño" Martínez