[fpc-pascal] Notice: Possible copyright infringements in FPC code base

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Thu Jan 17 08:02:52 CET 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 17:49, Roberto Padovani wrote:

> Given that I don't have Delphi, suppose that company X ask me to make
> a software for them. I might give them the software, with full source
> code and a GPL licence note every here and there, and ask money for
> the _design_ of the software, instead of the software itself.

Another misunderstanding of the GPL. Of course you are allowed to charge
money for your software.

But given it is GPL your customer may decide to redistribute the source,
as you gave him explicit permission with the GPL to do so. It would
simply put all your other code under GPL, too.

But there's absolutely *nothing* in the GPL that prevents you from
charging money for your work.

Vinzent.