[fpc-pascal] libc unit and FreeBSD

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 08:56:08 CET 2008

On 14/01/2008, Daniƫl Mantione <daniel.mantione at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > Anybody know if there is a generic set of methods that supports all
> > (or most) unix style OS's?  I looked in 'baseunix', but there the
> > group and name methods relate to a process id's, not to file
> > attributes...
>
> You hit an area that is problematic to implement without libc. Libc has

My alternative is then to maybe drop the idea of showing Permisions,
GroupName and UserName in the file dialogs.  I did a quick look and
GTK2 and Qt based applications that use File Dialogs don't show that
information either. GTK1 being the exception.  So I guess it wouldn't
be too bad.

For interest sake, I'm going to download the GTK1 source to see what
they did to get around the issue under different unix type OS's.
Except it they did like you said and used libc plugins under FreeBSD +
GTK1 (I honestly don't know that much about libc)?

Regards,
  - Graeme -