[fpc-pascal] OT: fpc SDL HowTo (Was: Maybe a new fpc book :)

Tiziano De Togni tizzziano at tiscali.it
Wed Jan 9 11:06:07 CET 2008

Marco Ciampa ha scritto:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:54:58AM +0100, Tiziano De Togni wrote:
>> Marco Ciampa ha scritto:
>>> Can someone please point me a simple BGI to SDL howto or some very simple
>>> Fpc SDL tutorials?
>>>

> These news are very sad. Why? Because we in Italy (but I think, in other
> countries too) have plenty of math and phisics high school books (and
> some written very well indeed) that reports Turbo Pascal/BGI examples thanks
> to the easy way this lib permits to create simple graphs and/or drawings on the
> screen. The fact that the sdl library is not included by default in the
>
> Theese are the thoughts (perhaps OT sorry but I hope you appreciate the
> feedback) of a high school technician.

your feedback tells me that I am working in the right direction.

There could be another way to explore, all this could be made using the
AggPas Library instead of SDL: no .DLLs, .sos or .dev packages to
install, only pascal units... but let's talk about that another day :-)

you can find the zip file here:

http://digilander.libero.it/tizzziano/pagine/brevinotizie.html
or, directly, with this direct link:
http://digilander.libero.it/tizzziano/files/sdlgraphex_080108.zip

The main program is sdlgraphex.lpr (Lazarus project) if you don't use
the IDE you can compile it with FPC using the comman line in
compile.bat. This requires only the SDL.dll (or SDL.so) installed in
your system.

that's all, by now.

bye
tiziano