[fpc-pascal] Maybe a new fpc book :)

Marco Ciampa ciampix at libero.it
Sat Jan 5 02:07:38 CET 2008

I work in a high school in Italy.
We are currently using fpc + gnuplot for math and phisics simulations.
In one lab we are currently starting to use Linux as the _sole_ platform.

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 12:35:57PM -0500, Anthony W. Henry wrote:
>                 1. What OS is most-used for Free Pascal? Windows? Linux?
80% windows and 20% Linux (this one growing)

>                 2. What libraries do most people use for console (i.e.,
>                 "terminal" or text-mode) apps? I dislike ncurses; is
>                 there a better way?
console & graph unit (BGI drivers under windows and Linux (X _not_ VGAlib) )

>                 3. Does anybody really use Free Pascal to write Win32
>                 apps?
yes

>                 4. Do people make heavy use of Free Pascal objects?
not (for now) in our school

We are currently porting several astronomical turbo pascal programs for fpc
(win and Linux)

bye

--

Marco Ciampa