[fpc-pascal] Maybe a new fpc book :)

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Jan 3 11:28:38 CET 2008

Op woensdag 02-01-2008 om 12:35 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Anthony W.
Henry:
> I recently responded to a question on the community board
> asking about an fpc book by recommending a Turbo Pascal
> book by Jeff Duntemann.  His book started me out as a Pascal
> programmer in 1989 and I still find these old books useful from
> time to time.
>
>    I have two by him:
>         Turbo Pascal from Square One
>         The Complete Borland Pascal
>
>   Mr. Duntemann has also written other programming books and
> was employed by Borland for a while as a technical writer.  I have
> found his books to be the best available for learning Pascal.
>
>   When I responded to the board question it started a train of
> thought that resulted me in contacting Mr. Duntemann about writing
> a book on FPC.   To my (pleased) surprise I found him provisionally
> enthusiastic for the project.(He hasn't made his mind up yet).

That would be PERFECT!

I've learned all I know from him!

Got his books from the library when I was 10 or so... After a while I
had to bring them back, then I had to wait for two months before I could
lend them again...

I never found a copy for myself, though...

Joost.