[fpc-pascal] Maybe a new fpc book :)

Johann Glaser Johann.Glaser at gmx.at
Wed Jan 2 20:20:15 CET 2008

Hi!

> >                 1. What OS is most-used for Free Pascal? Windows? Linux?
>
> If I remember the download statistics correctly:
> Windows comes first and then Linux.

I want to note that mostly all Windows users download FreePascal and
Lazarus by their own from the original download servers. OTOH many Linux
users get FreePascal via their distribution. At least Debian provides
packages, but I assume some other distributions too.

So it all is about the "invisible" Linux downloaders. Do they really
exist? Or do they update so regularly that they don't want to rely on
their distribution?

Bye
  Hansi