[fpc-pascal] serial.pp - I can't talk to modem

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 15:20:07 CET 2008

On 02/01/2008, Frank McCormick <fmccormick at videotron.ca> wrote:

>    What are the permissions on /dev/ttyS0 ? Have you tried running it
> as root ?

The first thing I checked!  The user is part of the 'dialout' group
which has access to the modem. 'minicom' was a test of this and works.
 I also ran my program under root, but still no change.

Does anybody have Linux and a modem to give the application a try?
This should eliminate a PC specific issue, but then again 'minicom'
works just fine on my computer.

Regards,
  - Graeme -