[fpc-pascal] serial.pp - I can't talk to modem

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:49:47 CET 2008

On 02/01/2008, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > begin
> >   serialhandle := SerOpen('/dev/ttyS0');  // COM1 under Linux
> > //  SerSetParams(serialhandle, 2400, 8, NoneParity, 1, []);
>
> Shouldn't you set at least RtsCtsFlowControl ?
> As far as I know, you must at least set some options, such as the baud rate
> and so on, sersetparams seems to do most of the needed actions ?

Even if I uncomment the 'SerSetParams(...)' line shown above, it makes
no difference.  :-(

I'm busy reading through the article mentioned below to try and see
what I'm doing wrong. So far I found no hints as to the cause of the
problem.  The article does mention a CR (#13) must be sent as the last
character in each command. I appended #13 to my dial string, but still
nothing.

  http://www.easysw.com/~mike/serial/serial.html

Regards,
  - Graeme -