[fpc-pascal] Question on programming serial communication.

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Mon Feb 25 18:26:55 CET 2008

Hi, Gene,

this unit is really old, but good. I used it first time on SuSE 5.1 on a
really ancient FreePascal version. But I must say, it simply worked. =D

The only problem is that it is running without buffers and all this fancy
stuff which FOSSIL had, and at that time I was a novice on Linux. But if you
are interested in, I can search for my wrapper I wrote at that time, It made
life a little bit easier to me.

Yes, Microchip is a good choice. I love this PICs. And if you wish, buy
MikroPascal (http://www.mikroe.com), this is a fully featured PASCAL COMPILER
(!!!) which creates code for PICs! -- Really excellent.

have a look on my web site, you can see there a prototype of a handheld data
recorder I built. It consumes - including the SD-CARD - 2-3mA only, so you can
imagine how long it runs with one battery. (http://www.hantsch.co.at then
choose  -> Entwicklungen  on the left. But everything is in German
language...)

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch