[fpc-pascal] MacOS and Opaque types

Bent Normann Olsen bent at earmaster.com
Fri Feb 22 11:04:26 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm new to Mac development environment, and I was looking thru the
CoreMIDI/MIDIServices.h, to see how much work it's going to take (at least
maybe partially) to implement some of the functions to own projects. I hit
the wall with some typedef, for example "struct OpaqueMIDIClient *
MIDIClientRef", and I now understand that Apple do not always want
developers to know what is behind some type definitions. Is this true?

How can one come about this? I'm really open to any suggestions.

Kind regards,
Normann