[fpc-pascal] syscalls and fpc

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 22:57:11 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Micha Nelissen <micha at neli.hopto.org> wrote:
> ik wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I found that the Do_Syscalls are written in assembly and have only
>  > limited number of parameters (up to 6). Is there a way to write it
>  > using array of TSysParam instead of having 7 different functions ?
>
>  Maybe but it wouldn't make the assembler easier to read :-).

Actually the assembler is not that hard to understand :)
My point is, that I don't like the idea of 7 or 20 or 100 amount of
parameters to give answer to every need. I think we should find a
better way to implement it, like var args in C or open array in
pascal...

>  > Another question is, is there a way to use it witthout writing
>  > assembly, like using it in libc or some other way ?
>
>  Calling them doesn't require assembler, or what do you mean? You can try
>  to extend the compiler to support inlining of assembly functions ;-).

Well, I just don't like the idea of using assembler if there is a way
to avoid it... So my question is, is there a way to avoid it ?

>  Micha

Ido
--
http://ik.homelinux.org/