[fpc-pascal] Turbo Pascal and Object Pascal ways of OOP

Tiziano De Togni tizzziano at tiscali.it
Tue Feb 5 11:34:58 CET 2008

 From the Delphi (7) help and in the borland newgroups I read that the
old TP style object type is considered to disappear, and actually only
kept for code compatibility.

I see here that some developers still use the type object because of
some advantages against the Class type (static allocation).

Can someone explain better these advantages?

My other question is:
Will Free Pascal still support the type object in the future or it is
considered to disappear in the same way as it is expected in Delphi?

tia
--
tiziano