[fpc-pascal] Object Pascal & arm-linux

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Fri Feb 1 17:15:00 CET 2008

Hi,
I successfully ran some MSE-gui test-programs on my arm-board. To do
this I used a patched fpc 2.2.0-fixes.
The patch involved backporting a fix from fpc-2.3.1 for
TBinaryObjectReader : the arm processor has no (AFAIK) extended type. I
needed 2.2.1 because 2.3.1 breaks MSE-gui.
I still have problems concerning floating points. When I put a
real-value in a component at design-time , it's not displayed OK, e.g.
1.0 is displayed as 5.29980882362664E-0315. When I put some real into it
at run-time it's fine. Also 0 is displayed fine if entered at design-time.
I also think that this problem breaks another component I would like to use.
I would like to make certain that patch works, any suggestions how to do
this ?
Enclosed a diff to show what I did to rtl/objpas/classes/reader.inc.
Remember that this is on arm-linux, i386-linux is fine.

Regards,
Koenraad Lelong.