[fpc-pascal] Using FPC MM in a C program

Krishna v.krishnakumar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:50:52 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, leledumbo wrote:
>

>> Since it's possible to use libc's MM via cmem unit, would the opposite be
>> possible?
>
> >From the point of view of FPC, there should not be a big problem.
> The C library, this is another matter. I am not sure that it
> supports plugging in a memory manager.

I suppose overriding malloc is enough. I regularly use a non-system
memory manager (malloc) even on Windows. btw, has anyone tried
jemalloc (used by firefox) with freepascal programs?

Cheers,
 -Krishna

--
Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?