[fpc-pascal] Dynlibs.LoadLibrary on 64bit Debian (Ubuntu)

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:54:51 CET 2008

I'm running into another issue where I create all classes from scratch
to avoid using Classes unit inside library and now my library won't
load.  The only FPC related unit I use is SysUtils.

If I strip out my all my units as uses then the Application
LoadLibrary will return a handle.

I tried to use DGB and backtrace right after the call to LoadLibrary
but it got nothing.  I use Lazarus to build my projects and the
compiler options for extra Debug Info is set for both SO and App.

I want to write a bunch of libraries this Holiday break.  And I don't
see how I can get these working if something as simple as LoadLibrary
won't work.  Is there a GetLastError that Linux stores that I can read
and determine what's going wrong?  What are my options?  Are there any
tricks to get this to work?

Thanks for any feedback.