[fpc-pascal] Problems with FP-IDE with xterm

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:40:04 CET 2008

Hi,

I've just started using fpc and I noticed that xterm does not show the IDE very well.
I'm using xterm

X.Org 6.8.99.903(236)

and fpc 2.2.2

Here are 2 examples

http://xoomer.alice.it/enodetti/log/fp1.png
http://xoomer.alice.it/enodetti/log/fp2.png

I can see that all non standard ASCII character are missing (e.g. stressed vowel).
Other times the windows appear diagonal (like the length of the line was wrong).

Should I use some flags, a different character set or a different X terminal?
I've tried fp -F and it does not change much.
I've read the man page, but I did not understand much.

Andrea